- 1 Sweatshirt- the surf shop Sweatshirt because it is 30% off so it’s cheaper than the other one.
- Sweatshirt- the surf shop sweatshirt is $18 because you take 30% off and the other sweatshirt is $28 because you have taken 40% off. 36s 19
- jacket - surf the waves shop jacket is cheaper because even though it has a lower percent it is still a cheaper price.
- Jacket- The surf shop Jacket is $36 because you take away 30% the second jacket is $19 because you take 20% off so the cheaper jacket is $6 cheaper.
- Jeans- the surf shop jeans are cheaper because 30% of 48 is 33.60 and 45% off 68 is 37.40.
- The surf shop jeans are cheaper by 3.80.
- tracksuit-The surf the waves company tracksuit is cheaper because 25% off 64 is 48 and 30% of 86 is 60.2.
- The surf the waves company tracksuit is cheaper by 22.20.
A) The least amount of money you could spend if you brought one of each of these clothing items would be 200.40.
B) The most amount of money you could spend would be around $224.80.
C) You would save 24.40 in total.___________________________________________________________________________
I figured it out by figuring out what the percent is as a fractions, by the cost and dividing by the fractions denominator. Then misusing the total from the cost.
The thing I found most challenging was using the multiplication and division strategies to estimate and solve problems with fractions, because it was pretty hard to find a strategy that worked.
Here were the strategies we did:
- Use multiplication and division strategies we used to estimate and solve problems with fractions, e.g.
>12 ÷ 3 = 1 2/3
> Find a fraction of another fraction by multiplying.
>Describe and show remaining tenths, hundredths, thousandths as decimal fractions and relate them to place value order.
>- Work out and explain percentages of simple amounts